(1) Related provisions of the e-Signature Act
- The competent minister may make a Designated Investigative Organization perform the whole or a part of the Minister’s investigative functions related to application certification business.
(Paragraph 1, Article 17 of the e-Signature Act)
- If the Designated Investigative Organization performs the Investigation, it shall, without delay, notify the competent minister* of the results of such Investigation.
(Paragraph 4, Article 17 of the e-Signature Act)
Note/ competent ministers:
- Minister of Justice
(2) Investigations by the Designated Investigative Organizations
- Investigation of new applications for the accreditation of Specified Certification Business (Investigation for new certification business)
- Annual investigation of issued accreditations (Investigation for the renewal of accreditations)
- Investigation of changes in the certification business (Investigation for changes)
(3) Investigation methods
- Document-based investigation: Checklist on conformity with the accreditation criteria; CPS** stating the certification business policies; operation manual; etc.
Note/ ** CPS: Certification Practices Statement
- On-site investigation: Investigation of the facilities for providing the certification business; investigation of the management of certification business by performing system test runs